How to Make a Reservation
Note: Only UA faculty and staff are eligible to make reservations at OSCR computer labs.
1. Review the guidelines
- Lab reservations should be submitted a minimum of 72 hours prior to the preferred dates, so that OSCR can best accommodate your needs.
- Software or hardware installation requests should be submitted 10 business days prior to start of a reservation. Please make sure to provide details about your technology needs in the 'Hardware Requested' and/or 'Software Requested' sections of the Online Lab Reservation Form.
- Reservations are granted for the purpose of conducting class. Please do not reserve a lab for students to work.
- The instructor should arrive at the location prior to the reservation time. If the lab is unoccupied 15 minutes into the reservation time, the lab consultant will cancel the reservation and reopen the lab to the campus.
- The number of students in each class should equal at least 50% of the workstations at the site. Please check the accommodations you are requesting meet this criteria.
2. Identify the lab that best meets your needs
3. Request a Lab Reservation
There are two types of Lab Reservation requests you can submit.
- A Single Event Form reflects to book one date and time directly to the lab's calendar. As such, there is a shorter turnaround time for notification of approval, denial due to conflicting events.
- If you have a reoccurring need that spans a semester or multiple days and weeks, use the Recurring Event Form. Due to the recurring nature of the request, it will go through an approval process. Reservations are granted on a first-come, first-served basis. Confirmation of your reservation will be sent to you via email within 48 hours of receiving it. Phone confirmation will be made if we are unable to reach you via email.
4. Request Software Installation if needed
5. Prepare for your reservation
- Instructors are encouraged to visit the lab on a date before their scheduled class to become familiar with lab hardware and software, and to test their lesson plan. Especially if your reservation request consists of the use of multiple locations at one time, and/or installation of special software or hardware. If you would like to visit the lab please include this time in your request.
- Instructors are encouraged to show up 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time of their reservation to make sure the lab is properly set up.
- The lab consultant will ensure the lab is cleared and available 10 minutes before the beginning of your reservation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Reservations are granted on a first come, first served basis. Confirmation of your reservation will be sent to you via email within 48 hours of the time it was received. Phone confirmation will be made if we are unable to reach you via email.
You may request the following changes:
- Change the hours or dates of your existing reservation
- Remove certain days that you will not need the reserved location
- Change the location of your existing reservation
- Cancel the reservation in its entirety